CJS Public School focuses on providing the child best-of-the-breed education with academic excellence. The school designs the curriculum prescribed by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), Delhi which concerns with the emotional comfort of children. The school in its endeavour to see its students score high in national competitive exams, emphasis is laid not on cramming of facts but on understanding and comprehending the knowledge acquired for its application in real situations in an effective manner. The teaching-learning process in Hi-Tech classrooms enable the students to understand the matter in an interesting and enjoyable way. Computer Education forms an important part of the curriculum with compulsory training from Class Nursery only.The very aim of conducting morning assembly is to start the day with prayers to the Almighty & to inculcate discipline & confidence among the students. The school morning assembly is held for the entire school. Students conduct the assembly class – wise wherein each class gets a turn to present itself in rotation. Morning assembly is conducted as per the Assembly planner depicting the type & order of events. The assembly starts with a prayer to the Almighty followed by news, thought, pledge, talk & national anthem.
Academics is the backbone of every institution. A temple of learning, C.J.S. Public School provides ample opportunities & challenging curriculum under C.B.S.E pattern for the academic growth of the children.
Concept of learning
The school is affiliated to Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi. The school conducts classes from Pre- nursery to XII standard & follows broad & balanced curriculum under the C.B.S.E pattern to match the educational needs of the children.
Pre- Primary & Primary Education
In order to lay sound foundation, the beginners at the pre- primary & primary level are taught basics with the help of educational aids & play- way methods. Theme based planning is done & the same is depicted in the monthly planner. Parents are well- informed in advance about the month’s plan. Colorful pictures, animations of the smart class programme, art, music, dance & visit to temples, malls, vegetable & fruit shop etc give practical knowledge to the students. Due emphasis is laid on developing communication skills. Special English conversation sessions are held to enable the students to speak English in daily routine. No Homework is assigned to the students till class II.
The Senior School-Classes VI-XII
The school prepares the students for the 12 year CBSE examination which is recognized for admission to degree course. In the senior classes, practical & activity based methodology is adopted. Students prepare projects, power-point presentations & working & non- working models of various subjects. Poetry Recitation, dramatization, quiz, open books tests, problem- solving techniques etc are used for teaching. Work schedule i.e syllabus is provided to the students in the beginning of session along with the planner. The school offers Science (Medical& Non- Medical) Commerce & Humanities steams with an array of subject combination at the senior secondary level. The list of subjects is as follows:
|Science Group||Commerce Group||Humanities Group|
|(301)-English Core||(301)-English Core||(301)-English Core|
|(043)-Chemistry||(054)-Business Studies||Political Science|
|(041)-Mathematics / (044)-Biology||(030)-Economics||Economics|
|(048)-Physical Education||(048)-Physical Education||(048)-Physical Education|
|(083)-Computer Science||(083)-Computer Science||(083)-Computer Science|
|(034)-Music Hindustani Vocal||(034)-Music Hindustani Vocal||(034)-Music Hindustani Vocal|
Regular assessment of students’ work is done throughout the year. Remedial classes are held for the weak students. Summer & Winter study camps are held for the students of senior secondary classes.
System of Examination
- Nursery to Class V:-
- Apart from the regular class tests which are held after the completion of each chapter, the school conducts four unit tests spread evenly throughout the session followed by Annual Examination in the month of March.
- Classes VI-X:-
- Students are evaluated continuously and comprehensively by the school on various aspects of their performance in Scholastic & Co- scholastic activities as per guidelines laid down by the CBSE.
- Classes XI-XII:-
- The academic year is divided into two terms. In order to develop in the students a habit for regular studies, periodic class tests are held after the completion of each chapter/topic.
Award for Toppers
Success unacknowledged is like a bird without wings. J.S. Education Trust introduced one time scholarship in 2008 for students showing outstanding performance in board examination. The J.S Mittal scholarship was instituted in the loving memory of late Shri Jyoti Parshad Mittal Ji & Smt Sheela Mittal Ji. The school topper who scores above 95% in the board examination gets one time scholarship of Rs. 5100/- whereas a student who scores from 91-95% gets a scholarship of Rs.3100/-.
Our Pride……… On the Path of Success
- Priya Virdi is pursuing MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Patiala.
- Ankit Kapoor is pursuing Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Jalandhar.
- Jashandeep Singh is doing Engineering in Computer Science from University Institute of English & Technology, Chandigarh.
- Gaurav Puri is doing BDS from Jaswant Singh Dental College, Ludhiana.
- Armandeep is doing B.Tech in Computer Science from Thappar University, Patiala.
- Arashpreet Kaur is pursuing MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Amritsar.
- Devain Pal is doing Engineering in Computer Science from Thappar University, Patiala.
- Shria Talwar is doing MBBS from Adesh Medical College, Bathinda.
- Prabhjot Kaur is doing BDS from Lakshmibai Dental College, Patiala.
- Harleen Kaur is pursuing BDS from Baba Jaswant Singh College, Ludhiana.
- Shaina Gupta is doing MBBS from Adesh Medical College, BathindaGeetika Aggarwal is doing 5 years degree course in Technology from Indian Institute of Science & technology, Mohali.
- Dilpreet Singh is pursuing MBBS from Xiamen University, China.
- Dalvir Sidhu is doing Engineering in Computer Software at Canada.